Sunday 29 November 2009

Inertia & the Work/Life Thing.

I think I'm in a rut.

Actually I know I'm in a rut.

The 'Work/Life' balance rut, or possibly it's the 'Mid-life crisis' point.

I have always objected to the concept of the 'work/life balance' since the notion that one's work is not part of one's life seems fundamentally wrong to me. The best method of getting through Life (capital L) is trying to find something that's satisfying for the majority of the time available.

Sadly, in my case, the necessary 'work' aspect of Life is disproportionately annoying and has the adverse affect of causing my innate inertia to be brought to the fore when I'm not there.

The thought of doing something in the time I am not at work that I might find enjoyable would mean I resent work even more.

What I'd like to do is to find Work I enjoy doing in addition to doing stuff when I'm not doing That.

I have only myself to blame I suppose. I either need to jump ship, actually or metaphorically, or jump in and start exploring what I can do and decide want out of life even if that may be a bit late.


1 comment:

  1. It's don't agree that it's never too late but in this case? It isn't.

    ReplyDelete